~:[CH5 - Day 92]: ~ In the Fall
It was our last weekday of spring break and this group of athletes chose to spend it at a track and field meet - no joke. I ran errands in the morning and then headed to school just before noon. It was warm and I was a little worried about if might affect our PRs, I didn't need to worry. We started off with a 37 second PR and a second place finish and the day would continue to roll from there. We saw two more PRs in the 3200, a second place and one foot PR in the vault, 11 PRs in the 800 including a winner and three thirds, and 10 PRs plus three season PRs including three winners and a second place to finish up the night. It was a grand night capped off with one of my seniors finishing with a huge burst in the final 200 minutes with such authority, it caught us all by surprised as he raced to a PR. I left that meet with a smile and while I had a lot on my mind, I definitely had an extra skip in my step and I left the meet happy with this group. There is still a lot of work to do, but it always helps when PRs fall and the group enjoys the evening, eating and joking around with each other.


No comments:
Post a Comment