Sunday, April 17, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 108]: ~ In All His Glory

~:[CH5 - Day 108]: ~ In All His Glory
I woke up in the morning and had to run over to the local mall in Providence, as I realized that I had forgotten to pack my tie. I was only thinking of where I could get something and didn't consider my options as I walked into Nordstroms. Of course, that tie cost me an arm and a leg, but at least I had a tie. I headed up the road to Waltham, which was about an hour drive away. I had blocked about 2.5 hours, so I had enough time to check into my hotel before heading over to see Dean before the wedding. After talking to him for a bit. I wandered around the estate and enjoyed all of its beauty including the nearby greenhouse. It was definitely something I had not experienced before and was such a classy wedding. The ceremony was beautiful and the vows even more beautiful. I was pretty nervous as the end of the ceremony meant that the toasts were coming soon. The toast went well and the "silent assassin," "Space Cowboys," and "Do It for Jean," ended up being the best three parts of the toast. I was so honored to be able to talk at the wedding and am so thankful that our program had someone as amazing as Dean within our program. I finally got to meet Jean at the reception and she was even more amazing than I had imagined. I ended up sitting with some very awesome people and it was nice getting to know them all, overcoming the awkward moment of knowing no one at your table. While I only knew his family at the start of the wedding, the people at the wedding were so amazing and genuine that I left having met so many others. I was also amazed at how many people from Harvard were at the wedding. Regardless, I felt this sense of renewal after the wedding, as I got to see first hand the work of the Lord in not only the lives of Jean and Dean, but in many others at the wedding including those who I toasted with. I am so excited what the future will bring for these two  and am so grateful to have witnessed their union. I wish you two the best going forward, as I am excited to see you grow together, adventure together, and experience the glory of God together. Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment