~:[CH5 - Day 122]: ~ Binding It Together
I had two goals for the day, to get some sleep and to get work done. I did both. I slept in a bit and then got to work once I awoke. I started with updating our records and while I still have things to add to the file, it's nice for the athletes to see some of the records. Some of the records may never fall such as a 50' triple jump or a 19' 4" long jump (female), etc., however, you never know. It goes to show the types of athletes we have had come through Cerritos and it's truly amazing to see. The fun things is, we have begun slowly knocking at the distance records and slowly, the athletes I coaches are starting to push the old marks into the past. I ended up printing over 300 pages of material for the meet, from heat sheets to instructions to field passes and more. It's my one full day of productivity for the meet and by powering through it, I have nothing to worry about until the meet itself. I ended up stopping off to visit a friend who stopped off in Newport for the weekend. It was nice to have a small gathering, while short, was well worth it. On my way home, I stopped at TapEx and ran into a few people including one of our former counselors and my friend, Melissa! I am always so sad that she no longer works with us, but definitely glad that she is happy where she is at. I hope that we can catch up soon instead of just running into each other! As I headed back, I did some cleaning and more prep for the meet before catching up on my blog and prepping for the week. It's going to be a busy week, but I'm used to it and the more work I have, the faster it will go and the sooner it will be to my next summer trip! I can't wait!


No comments:
Post a Comment