~:[CH5 - Day 147]: ~ Honored
Another day ... scratch that, another busy day. I knew it would be another exhausted as this unending barrage of things down the stretch tends to test your energy levels. However, I made it to the end of the night, sort of. After a day at work, I headed home to finalize our track and field banquet and to finish up some odds and ends. It's a time of errands and work, but tonight, there was something extra special. While I've been asked, does it get old going to the city council to get a mayoral proclamation year after year, I always seem to answer no. Yes, I come here pretty much every year, but with a new group who gets honored with their hard work and dedication, it never gets old. I always remind that that they cannot take for granted the opportunity they have and expect to do well at the conference if they don't prepare. Every year, it's definitely an honor to watch these students get honored. We ended up having our photo shoot after the fact and it's always great to see the group together for the last time. We ended the night with a great dinner at Macaroni Grill, just chatting the night away. With many having projects and work to do, the crowd scattered quickly, but every bit of the night was worth it. It's sad to think that the process of Nationals is officially over six months later, but I guess if you look at it, the process begins in a little less than six months again with a new group who I will have to train again and watch as they grow through the process. Again, I am lucky and have groups like these to thank for it. I am truly honored tonight and on many days of my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment