~:[CH5 - Day 148]: ~ What It's All About
My alarm sounded and I was tired. I didn't want to wake up, but with 6am rolling around, I rolled out of bed and into the bathroom. Yes, I woke up earlier on a Saturday than I did all week for work. This is my job ... nay ... this is my life. I love it. When I got to school, I was ready to go. I got them set up, loaded and we headed on our way. It was great being on the campus of my alma mater. I love UC Irvine. It was nice to walk around, nice to see everyone, and just nice facing the nostalgia of being back. With so many memories walking down those halls, it's no wonder why I love this conference so much. We had the majority of the people in every committee, as the conference was smaller than I had expected. I did my normal job of checking up on everyone, but with the small committees, it was nice to hear so many people speak in every committee! The core group was very active and they accomplished a lot, which made me pretty proud. With Chipotle in my stomach from lunch and a pretty good days of work, I left the campus pretty happy, as the students were in pretty good spirits, as was I. Of course, I was exhausted. I slept in the bus and was left with enough energy to head to Tpumps where we hit no traffic and beat the line! I ended up at TapEx afterward and it ended up being a pretty good day. In the end, when you think about it, as much as you have to go throw (like waking up early), in the end, it's all worth it and the success that these students find, the relationships and bonds they build, and the unmatched experiences they get is what it is all about and makes it all worth it. I am not sure I could wish for a better career and appreciate it each and every day.


No comments:
Post a Comment