Wednesday, May 18, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 139]: ~ Rising from the Darkness

~:[CH5 - Day 139]: ~ Rising from the Darkness
Sometimes with the truth, it doesn't seem like it can get very far, especially when it's met by half-truths or worse. However, in many cases, these half-truths just dig us into a deeper whole that steer is in a different direction that we really want to go. It was hard battling for what I know is right, as it sometimes feels like it's a fight you cannot win, but those are the fights that we should be in, helping us grow, helping us learn and helping us see. If life were easy, we would not be prepared for what's ahead and everytime we try to take a shortcut, it leads to nothing more than a dead end, whether today, tomorrow or the next day. In the end, I did not let the situation bother me and made the most of the day at hand. With more exciting presentations, a few visitors and a late night at work, it ended up being a day where I was able to rise from the darkness. No matter what tries to bring you down, through practice and persistence, you'll always be able to rise above it. The end of the day simply topped it all off as I reconnected from someone from college and solidified my weekend. Things fell into place and as dark as today could have been, it only becomes a glimmer of the past that I'll leave behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment