Tuesday, May 24, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 145]: ~ In Recovery

~:[CH5 - Day 145]: ~ In Recovery
I still felt the fatigue from an eventful weekend, but that didn't help me in sleeping early. The fatigue was so bad that I could feel it in my legs when I went to bed. Getting to school was a challenge, however, I made it. After a rousing debate on offshoring in Econ and covering the space race and Vietnam, Korean, and Afghan wars in world, I dealt with the numerous visitors coming to my room to pay for one of the two banquets, to pay for this or that, to sign up for cross country, and more. It was one of those strange days where the wave of people just kept coming. During my off period, I went to meet with the park to review their construction plan to ensure it wouldn't affect our meets and then grabbed lunch at New Peking, before heading back to the waves of people. I headed home to get work done and just had to lay down and get some sleep. It was recovery time. Although there may be work to be done, sometimes you just need to sit down and let yourself recover and so I did. Of course, my recover was different that Maxwell's as he had surgery on his ear as he had to wear the cone of shame. We recovered together today, as we relaxed, ate dinner, watched OKC defeat GS, before I headed back to the work I needed to complete. After finishing up the Premios video and doing some MUN conference work and track banquet prep, I sat back and clicked on a video link. I am glad that I did, as it also helped my soul recover. They covered the 93-year-old lady, Leah Chase, who was behind the fried chicken of Dooky Chase (New Orleans, LA). She was a fierce lady with a great heart and she said a line that will stick for awhile. "It's good to have people think about you and all you have to do is think about others. That's Simple. That's so easy to do to me." While she can serve up some great food and the video focused a lot on the food, it was this statement and the actions she was recognized for that really helped revitalize my soul. I know I've addressed this before, but in a world where we are so drive to reach OUR goals and OUR hopes and dreams, the best route may be by thinking about the goals, hopes and dreams of others first. I think sometimes we are moving so quickly that we fail to see that by helping others, we help ourselves and as Leah Chase says, it's easy to do. In the long run, we can find that what we give will be returned to us two fold (or more) and that it will bring us something that money cannot buy. I went to hear about the fried chicken, but left with a buffet of inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment