Thursday, May 19, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 140]: ~ Taking that Chance

~:[CH5 - Day 140]: ~ Taking that Chance
The longer I have taught, the more I have seen less of students challenging themselves and believing that they can do it. When things get tough, often times, it may lead to them folding, as they do not  understand that they must continue to push through the toughest of situations, to make the obstacles they face in the future much easier. Sure, there is something about doing things the smart way, but there also needs to be a little perseverance. Luckily, I have many of the students who push those limits and as difficult as the road ahead may look, what they can accomplish will be limitless if they keep pushing forward. My hope is that they do not shy away from what they thing they cannot do, but ultimately to find out what they can do, even if it means falling short, because that in itself is sometimes greater progress than accomplishing an easier goal. It was fun to see this in action in various presentations today on the space race. While the United States fell behind in the space race, their willingness to challenge their limits ultimately won them the race. After being able to get a lot of work done today (a lot!), I packed my bags, got some trip work done and then proceeded back to tying up those odds and ends. After a long week, tomorrow begins a journey that will be exhausting, but worth every adventure that I find along the way. I'm hoping that everything falls into place, but even if it doesn't, I'm willing to try to make those most of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment