~:[CH5 - Day 142]: ~ Saving the World
These students are our future. Year after year, I am lucky to work with some amazing students and this year is no different. I realize how lucky students are when they handle issues such as terrorism, address a humanitarian crisis, or defend the United States in the ICJ against Nicaragua among many other topics. While they are only sophomores, they continue to blow me away with their abilities. I was glad that despite not "working" this weekend, I decided to drive over from San Francisco as I got to see how far my freshman (now sophomores) have come since last year. The rain tried to slow us down, but it was timed just right as we were able to enjoy Davis and all the treats the town has to offer. While I was exhausted after a late night and early rise, it was well worth it, as in the end, I saw the future that is going to save the world from all the madness it suffers from. They are the ones that continue to give me hope that our future has a chance and for that, every mile of the drive to Davis was well worth it. I am pooped now, so good night!


No comments:
Post a Comment