Tuesday, May 10, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 131]: ~ A Little Fun & Games

~:[CH5 - Day 131]: ~ A Little Fun & Games
Today was suppose to be a normal practice day, but with the rain on Friday, the frosh/soph athletes had to make up the pole vault. After covering the Holocaust today, I had to quickly head off campus. Sadly, I was missing a Holocaust survivor speak at our school (ironically on the same day I covered the topic). I jetted out and grabbed lunch before heading back to school to pick up my one athlete competed. While she was disappointed with her performance, I was proud of what she accomplished through the season and am not upset or disappointed one bit with how she performed, as sometimes, things just don't fall into place. As we talked, we discussed how it's from these types of moments that you find the motivation to pick yourself back up and get going again as this moment can go one of two ways. It can be the catapult to send you to new heights or it can be a moment where you continue to dig yourself deeper into a hole. I have no doubt that she will catapult herself up and find heights that she never knew before. After venturing back to school to put the pole away, the sprint team "borrowed" the pole before I put it back to reenact a scene they saw online. Using the pole, they practiced 4x100m hand offs. It was fun to watch with a combination of two varsity boys, a varsity girl, and a sprint coach enjoying the moment. It would be funny to see them run the entire race that way, however, next time, it'll be with a pole that we don't use much. I headed home and grabbed some items from Daiso to make goody bags for the Japanese exchange students who are coming tomorrow. Who brings visitors from Japan, goods from a Japanese store??? Me. Haha ... anyway, I spent most of the night wrapping that up before calling it a night. I still have a few planning items to take care of, but regardless, it ended up being a pretty good day and a nice and relaxing night. Until tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment