Tuesday, January 10, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 10]:~ Just a Moment

 
~:[CH12 - Day 10]:~ Just a Moment

I knew it wouldn't be an easy script to read. We took a moment, as we remembered a dedicated and beloved member of our Cerritos community who recently passed. The script went, "Last week, the Cerritos Dons lost a prominent member of our basketball community.  Liza Matias-Scammahorn, wife of Dean Scammahorn and mother of Matthew, Ryan, and Miya Scammahorn, passed away on Wednesday, January 4, 2023.  She was a loving mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend, and proud Cerritos High School Alumnus.  She will be dearly missed, but her legacy will live on through her family and friends.  Would you please join us in taking a moment of silence in her memory? ... Thank you." It's definitely not easy to lose someone you know. While it's not someone I communicate with regularly, I've worked with and crossed paths with her children, chatted with her husband and occasionally with her. Sometimes we never thing that in instant, someone's time in this world will be cut short. Life seems to change in an instant and it's in remembering that, that we must remember to take just a moment to send our gratitude, thanks and love to those around us. This year started with a kick to the gut in a number of ways and I just hope that it can remind us to treasure every moment we have. We never know what's going to be on the next page of life and often times, we'll come across things we won't want to encounter, but in life, there is no avoiding it. In the end, things happen for a reason and life seems to follow its plan. For that reason, it's important that we take the time to cherish those around us and the time we get to spend with the loved ones around us. In the end, I finished the script and four teams went on to victory that night. As while for those ten seconds we remembered a soul lost too soon, I'm glad that we had just a moment to remember her with all those in attendance. Tomorrow is a new day and while these heavy moments have added weight to our shoulders as we move into 2023, I hope that it also has opened our eyes to take just another moment to treasure all the special people things around us, today. 

Rest in Peace <3

No comments:

Post a Comment