There is snow way, I mean no way, you can imagine how beautiful it was. I was a little miserable trying to deal with the weather, conditions, and even the ground beneath me, however, it was all worth it when arriving to the onsen at Jigokudani Yaen-Koen. Within the onsen sat a number of monkeys that truly helped make the trek through the terrible conditions worth it. I guess the trees did help make the trek a little better as I noticed that the snow and wind was not as bad as we were headed on the trail. As we walked back, the snow slowly fell more intensely as the storm kept strengthening. You could see how much snow fell in a short time as the level of snow kept growing on top of the parked cars. Luckily, we made it to the ryokan before it got really bad. We sheltered inside and enjoyed the amenities of the spot and called it a day. It was great to be able to look back at the trek and notice just how lucky we were. We got the shots we were aiming for and while we cut some of the shoot out, we wrapped it up plus got the shots of the monkeys. Now just leaves the challenge of getting home.
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment