Sunday, January 22, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 22]:~Truly a Gem

 
~:[CH12 - Day 22]:~Truly a Gem

If you watched Itaewon Class, you might remember that poem about a diamond. I truly feel that it's accurate as when we feel the weight of the world and deal with all the pressure that life hands us, we end up becoming a gem that shines brighter than any other. Today definitely shined, but it wasn't because the day was perfect, it actually because it was truly imperfect. I dealt with so many issues today that I normally don't, but that also what made today truly a gem. I was exhausted, yet my body woke me up a little earlier than I hoped. My morning shoot went okay as I did have some tech issues, as the back and forth of my day began. I went from enjoying the Harajuku area including Meiji Jingu to waiting in the wrong line of the restroom and getting passed by so many people as I desperately waited. I looked around to try to find a USB-C cable as I realized I left mine behind, found it, then proceeded to break it within 30 minutes of having it. The day ended with a hectic sprint as I wrapped up my photoshoot, did a quick meetup, enjoyed the show and then sprinted to my final meeting of the night only to realize I left my things in a locker (again) having to jet back out, missing the last train and having to enjoy a brisk walk back home. Of course, all these troubles brought their gems as I made a new friend, had a great shoot with a regular, and got to enjoy this beautiful performance by Kevin. As I think about Kevin, I also think of these challenges that he's had to face as of late. I know it hasn't been easy for him, but to see the energy he brings to the stage truly impressed me. He has a quality that truly invokes energy into the crowd and you truly feel his enthusiasm for performing. I think that despite all the challenges he has faced, they have helped polish him into the gem he is today. I love to find artists who are genuine and it definitely wants to make you root for them with all your might. Just like my day, I know that our struggles will allow us to shine when it's our turn to be in the spotlight. For the average Joe to a KPOP idol, we all deal with the pressures of life, but I hope we all realize that when we handle it all, we will find ourselves shining on our own stage. Today was perfectly imperfect, but that is what made it truly a gem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment