Thursday, January 5, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 5]:~ Skip in My Step

 
~:[CH12 - Day 5]:~ Skip in My Step

Music has a way of healing. It brings energy, it awakens emotions, and adds that skip in your step during any type of given day. It's even cooler when that music is written, produced or performed by someone you know. I am lucky to be surrounded by so many people who are talented in this field. In all stages, I've worked with them, supported them or just cheered for them on their journey. As today was a day with a new release of one of those songs, I was ecstatic to be able to soak in this song and feel the spiritual energy that it held within it. It was definitely different than the music I am used to, but didn't make it any less amazing. The track was two years in the making when he first expressed interest in making a track for them. While our alum at the company wasn't the one that ultimately got the track done, I am glad that it was completed. I guess that same feeling happens to us all when we are able to reach something we've been aiming to do for so long. While it may not be a goal that takes center stage and all our energy and focus, it's one of those things that when it happens, it's like, "Cool!" As I listened to the song time after time, I like how it allows you mind to wander and injects you into a imaginary world, much like the soundtracks of so many movies. I actually talked to my class about this every year. Music adds so much to our lives. When you watch those movies, imagine watching it without that soundtrack or sound effects. From horror to romance, comedy and more, the music awakens that emotion in you and truly makes the piece whole. What is a song/soundtrack that is memorable to you or that truly has a way of healing or adds that skip to your step?

No comments:

Post a Comment