Thursday, January 26, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 26]:~ Into the Night

 
~:[CH12 - Day 26]:~ Into the Night

I wondered if I would be able to survive into the night. I thought jetlag might get the best of me, but not only did I survive a lecture, I had practice and even a grill session with both Nationals and a makeup session with Vancouver. It definitely was the price I should have paid for taking the job at this juncture, but I didn't know when I accepted the job, how crunch for time this stretch would be. Regardless, in life, we don't always know what to expect when we accept an opportunity. Sure, it would be easy to decide to cancel one out, but I, for one, like to figure things out and make it work as best as possible. I noticed that this generation gives up a little easier when things get tough and their schedule gets impacted. It's fair that each person must make their own decisions for their own well-being, but I've always stood by the principle of finishing what I started. The next time around, I'll learn not to overload myself, but whenever possible, I'm going to work into the night to get it done. I hope down the line, the generations can balance the grit of grinding through with their own well-being and find that balance that will bring them the most efficiency, the most success, and the most happiness. For now, I'm thankful to work with such a wonderful group of students who seem to be headed in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment