
~:[CH12 - Day 12]:~ By Chance?
My friend sent me a claw machine. It was pretty epic to have it in my classroom and something fun to do when I have some downtime. It's a little easy, so it's not too big of a challenge, but still entertaining nonetheless. For those that know me, I do often play these claw games and even in Japan, I make a stop or two to play with the more challenging UFOs. This game made me think of something; the phrase, "how lucky." There are a number of varieties of it, but they all seem to mean the same thing, you won it by chance. Knowing the claw games, yes, there is something about the timing of playing to get the right claw grip. However, in all things in life, do we achieve things because we are lucky or do we have the skill or positioned ourselves so that we have the opportunity to win? I definitely will agree that life is not always 100% in our hands, but we also control our fate and our luck. Our opportunity to succeed increases when we work harder at something or make more attempts. Even if we accomplish something on our first attempt, we can think about what we did leading up to that point. I definitely know that there are moments in life when we truly get lucky, but the next time we think "how lucky," maybe we can give ourselves (or others) more credit as we allowed ourselves to arrive at that moment to have the opportunity. We can still hope that luck is on our side and maybe even keep searching for our lucky charms, but in the end, if we truly want to be more lucky, we'll need to focus on giving ourselves opportunity for luck to come our way.

No comments:
Post a Comment