Friday, January 6, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 6]:~ Smooth Like Butter

 
~:[CH12 - Day 6]:~ Smooth Like Butter

It was a nice move into an easy dunk. It didn't seem like a move that would lead to a dunk, but the athleticism of the athlete is incredible. That smooth move was just like the rest of the game. There were a few ups and downs, but for the most part, the team rebounded from a rough game Wednesday and sealed a nice win. We'll have our moments that are smooth like butter and others, where we'll need a helping hand. After I got home, I was working and my friend needed a hand. We ended up solving the issue and we all got home safely. It was a bit late, but I thought to myself, if I was in the same situation, what would I do? I think I'm lucky that there would be a list of people who would step up to help, but do we all have that? Yes, there will be moments that are smooth like butter and it's easy to be a friend or companion in this moments, but who will be there for us when we hit those rough patches when we really need those people? I like to be that person for others; an ear to listen, a shoulder to lean on or someone to drive endless with no destination. When people feel like they have nowhere to turn, I hope they see the people around them who will step up to the plate when needed. Tonight, I was glad that someone reached out to me. It's not often that this happens, but when it does, it definitely feels rewarding. Even if you think they know, remind them that you can be there for them if needed. For those who need help, just remember that just like I felt tonight, asking for help is not a hindrance to a friend or loved one, but it empowers them and makes them feel great. Tragically, my drive with this photo and all my basketball media crashed and I was glad to have my own friend step to the plate to start the process of recovery with me. I guess I was on the receiving end of instant karma. As when you hit those rough patches like me and my friend had today, it's great to see who comes out of the woodworks to be that one who helps your day get back on track and run as smooth as butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment