
~:[CH13 - Day 32]:~ The Uphill Climb
Sometimes, the last hurdle is the toughest. Tonight, for all our teams, getting over that last hurdle was the most difficult challenge and each team faced a tough battle. At first, I wasn't sure if I was going to go, as I had a pile of work to finish up for MUN, but I decided to go and take pictures, capturing these last regular season moments. I am glad I did. Each game was a battle and they all ended in victory. There were many moments where I felt all was against us, trying to keep us from breaking through, but just like in life, sometimes the chips are stacked against us. It's easy to complain and make excuses when this happens, but often times, we improve ourselves when we look over what we can't control and focus on doing what we can. The climb may be uphill (even both ways sometimes), but it doesn't mean we can't do it, it just may take a little more effort. Tonight, it took every ounce to become victorious, but these teams showed resilience and ended the league season undefeated. It was a joy to see the celebration after the girls game and the smiles from the boys after their game. I was appreciative of how they battled and how they kept their focus in order to finally reach the end of this uphill climb. Their new task will move into playoffs and I know that more than anything else, these difficult uphill climbs have best prepared them for their competitions ahead. It would have been much easier if everything was smooth sailing into the end of the season, but it's with the challenge we faced, that we become stronger and better prepared for the next uphill climb trying to keep us from reaching where we want to go. Congratulations to the 605 undefeated league champions.

No comments:
Post a Comment