~:[CH13 - Day 35]:~ Warmth in Tradition
I spent the day working on a few more things I had to wrap up. I figured out how to restore my second crashed drive (my other drive is still unrecoverable) and organized a few files while wrapping up preparations for the week. It started to rain and the storm that we've been anticipating, finally rolled in. What did that mean? It meant that we would have oden. It makes me reminisce about the evenings when the oden truck would roll up on the corner of the street in Tokyo and I could sit down and pick out my favorite items to eat. We keep it fairly simple and traditional, as we add a few more things to this, but not much more. What I like about it is that you can whip it up at anytime with things you have in your freezer and it always still gives you that feels of being in Japan. There are a number of things that bring me this feeling from various cultures and this dish is one of them. As while I spent a quiet weekend catching up on work, I still appreciated the time I had to myself and a bit of time I had with my family. As while this storm may roll in, limiting what I can do outside, it just means more opportunities to stay in the warmth of home and family; something that is usually underrated.


No comments:
Post a Comment