
~:[CH13 - Day 34]:~ In Position
The day was spent mostly working. After a long stretch of not having a day off, I was able to relax, do laundry and catch up on work. Normally when I get this busy, I am able to finish most things, but have to put my personal chores aside, so it actually feels nice to do the work that some people don't look forward to. I also wrapped up uploading and organizing our team's position papers. While at times I have to get on them for the quality of their papers, they did a good job of working on them to meet the standards that our program expects when they do a paper for a conference like this. Approximately 500 pages later, the team wrapped up a very solid paper and I was happy when I uploaded them, as it was another weight off my shoulder. As I look at the papers, I am ever so impressed at the work that they do. Whenever I tell the freshman what they'll be doing junior year, they never really believe they can do it, but to see these once freshmen produce such a fine quality paper, I am sure that this program continues to develop these young adults who become capable of things they never thought they could. It's definitely a tough program to start in, but once you get the hang of it, it gives you more tools and resources that you never knew you'd need. When these students leave the program senior year, I am confident that they are in the best position possible to really reach any goal they hope to attain. As I got back to work on other things, I kept peeking back at the paper and smiled knowing that this paper meant a lot more than the content within it. It's filled with the beginnings of the many bright minds that will soon head off into the world beyond.

No comments:
Post a Comment