~:[CH13 - Day 37]:~ Unshielded
Life sometimes pours down on you. The past few days has seen some of the greatest amount of rain in two days in a about 80 years. However, it made me think of those moment in my life where life constantly dumped issues after issue on me. Even with an umbrella to shield you, there's only so much rain that it can repel. There will be opportunities for the storm to get to you in those moments you're unshielded. Even worse, when you're unprepared for what's ahead, you're left exposed, hoping to just survive the day. For me personally, I love the shelter of an umbrella, but I also don't mind facing the storm from time to time. When I feel like I can handle it, I brave the rain and take it head on. A few times I regretted it, but at times, I like the freedom of not having to hold that umbrella more than I was worried about being drenched by the rain. At other times, you just accept the challenging times and don't allow those tougher moments rain on your parade. Regardless of your approach or how prepared you are for these storms, I hope that you see that the storm can't last forever. Even the worst winter storms (I've been in many such as Snowmaggedon), will pass and eventually, the beautiful blue skies will create a masterpiece above, leaving you in awe. They often say, no rain, no rainbows, but I also know that without these storms, we'd also miss out on these wonderful days, where the sky becomes a God's canvas. I look forward to the day I can put my umbrella, but even if the rain keeps on going these next few days, maybe at some point, I'll just brave it knowing that at times, I am strong enough to face these storms unshielded.


No comments:
Post a Comment