~:[CH13 - Day 53]:~ Time to Shine
It's always a bit strange. It's the start of the season, yet there isn't much on the line this day. This meet became a fun event and is geared mainly for us to learn the process of a meet. It's a chance to learn and grow, while figuring out how everything works. For some, it's a moment for them to shine, however, it's also much to early to determine just how we'll do as we head forward. It's a long season and our focus is down the road in April, still yet, it's nice to see an athlete break through a wall, set a new PR, and have a moment that they celebrate. Today, some succeeded, some fell, and some faced a setback, yet tackled it head on. No matter what category the athlete fell into today though, I'm glad that they're out here, participating and competing. In life, we need to find our opportunities to shine, but we also have to understand that to find those moments, there are many moments in between. You don't automatically step into the spotlight, but find the patience to take your time developing and not skipping any steps in the process. In life, we're often taught to try our best to skip ahead and get to the finish line first, however, if we truly want to shine, we can't always rush ahead trying to get somewhere first. As while we may find success immediately, we also may find that we've limited our chances to get to where we ultimately wanted to go - the big stage. As we wrapped up the evening, I was happy that we arrived at this moment with everything wrapping up smoothly. I appreciated the amazing volunteers who helped make the meet run and to the athletes who went above and beyond, not just running, by doing the tasks that others didn't want to do. Of course, I didn't worry too much about the results of the day. While I was happy for those who found success today, I know for those who didn't, the work that they'll put in going forward will eventually lead them to that moment when it's their time to shine.

No comments:
Post a Comment