Saturday, February 17, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 48]:~ Step Up to the Challenge

 
~:[CH13 - Day 48]:~ Step Up to the Challenge

It got a little stressful, but we pulled out the 70-67 victory. Our leading scorer had 39 points, I believe 23 rebounds, 5 blocks and 4 assists. Amazing! What's even more amazing? She is one of the kindest people and an amazing student. When I had her freshman year, her confidence was sometimes lacking despite her skill, but on the court today, you didn't see the hesitation you may have seen a few years ago. the development of people is awesome to watch. I has been more than just her. The other big has improved a lot, showing her ability to attack the basketball, but also make the passes that helped our leading scorer get those 39. It was incredible to witness this journey again, only this time, the journey is also taking place with the boys team. It's fun that it's a family affair with my brother (boys) and my cousin (girl) leading their teams and their journey and glad I've been able to capture much of it. Before I left for my work trip, I said, "keep winning so I can be there for another CIF game," and they've kept their promises and then some. Both teams raised their games, they toughed out close wins and now they'll both have a shot at those CIF titles. On a day where I also go to see my freshmen step up to the challenge and grow in MUN, I was happy to not only release the weight on my shoulders, but also celebrate back-to-back-to-back successes as we've each overcome the challenges that we faced. Life is not always going to give you an easy road and even when it seems like it is, there will be obstacles waiting for you. Step up to that challenge and don't be afraid and you might just find yourself where we are, in an arms reach of all the things we've wished and hoped for. As while this may seem like a fairytale, it's actually just a team stepping up to the challenge and doing what they're capable of, night after night. The challenge is not yet complete, but I am glad that each of us have found our way to something to celebrate as we head into the final stage. For everyone, don't be afraid to take on those challenges that you feel are just out of reach, as you may surprises yourself and find yourself a stone's throw away from reaching greatness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment