
~:[CH13 - Day 44]:~ The Long Road
Today is one I love and one I dread. I love this flight because it allows me to do what I want to do, but I also dread it since it's quite exhausting. It's the long road approach to life, where you have to survive the arduous road, but in the end, it rewards you. What do I gain with this 10 hour flight, normal workday, and practice? The absence of jetlag. It's exhausting, but worth it. The rewards are definitely huge. Today, I also tacked on a four hour drive (roundtrip) to catch the boys quarterfinals game. A drive that can take 75 minutes, took me 2 hours and 45 minutes, forcing me to miss the first half and a portion of the third. However, I got to enjoy the final excruciating moments as we waited for the clock ran out. It ended a little closer than we hoped, but we still got the W. Similar to my long day, this team has faced a long season. They faced the challenges of dealing with a loss of one of their own, faced their emotional rollercoaster through the year, had setbacks through the season, yet still kept pushing along on this road. They definitely have faced so many challenges on this journey, but we are all hoping that at the end of it, is a reward of the goal they've had their eyes set on. For now, the team will keep focus on what's in front of them, as on this road, they must focus on each step to ensure that they keep moving forward to avoid the many pitfalls awaiting, However, at least for today, we can celebrate the milestone of the first boys basketball team to reach this stage. Others may not understand why each of these wins evokes so much emotion in this team, but when you realize the road they've had to endure, you begin to understand what is driving them and why they're able to overcome these trials and tribulations. As I drove home, I strangely was not tired even after facing this long and challenging day. I wondered if was the adrenalin running through my body, but one thing's for sure, I drove home proud of all they accomplished so far and hope they can stay focused on the challenging path still ahead of them. I am confident that they will. Congratulations!

No comments:
Post a Comment