Tuesday, January 15, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 15]:~ Playing with Your Food

~:[CH8 - Day 15]:~ Playing with Your Food
I sat by the window listening to the rare rain shower that created a gentle symphony outside as the rain drops hit the ground. Today was a fairly average day aside from the rain that poured down and the soaking athletes that returned from the optional run due to the rain. Regardless, we got some good work in at the weight room and while the rain is hindering our workouts, it's been nice to be able to get in there especially since this week is a nightmare. I had a pile of papers to grade, but something inside of me said, let's cook. I ended up making a chicken curry with a array of colors for the potatoes and carrots. It was a fun piece and I even added my failed attempt at a Gudetama into the dish. I've always been told growing up to not play with my food, but one thing is definitely for sure ... playing with your food is what breeds creativity and expression. Playing with my food has given me a chance to think outside the box, have some fun, satisfy my stomach and express myself. While table etiquette is a thing, it can be something that you occasionally put aside, as the creativity that comes with piecing together your food is something that should be shared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment