Tuesday, January 29, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 29]:~ Rising Above

~:[CH8 - Day 29]:~ Rising Above
There are days that you'll remember and ones that end up being spectacular moments you'll never want to forget. We ventured an hour out of Vancouver and hopped on the Sea to Sky Gondola. When we arrived, we were left in awe of its beauty. The beautiful mountains and the ocean down below. The snow cap was beautiful and just a perfect way to end our last day in Vancouver. The highlight of the trip so far seemed to tubing up here in the mountains as the screams and laughs made for memories that they won't ever forget. As they crossed over the suspension bridge, the visuals were astounding and left me in awe. I soaked the beauty all in and wish I had time to hike the trails around the mountain. Regardless, we enjoyed the time we did and headed back to Vancouver happy. We ventured out for the last time in Vancouver as I got the good news of my brother's team winning their first league title in the 605 league and the first since 1997. It was great to see them rise to the top and to see my brother and his team breakthrough! I think one of the things about life that ties in here is that despite all the opportunities the team has had, they were unable to pull through for the title. Today, when push came to shove, they held on and pulled out the victory, creating their own spectacular moment, much like we had this morning. Life will give you many opportunities to rise above, even when you have failed previous. Being able to rise above means being able to persevere when times get tough and even if it feels like you'll never find that breakthrough. My brother was finally able to do so after so many tries and after a few falters in our schedule, we had a breakthrough of our own. Life has it's moments when it truly feels heavenly and today was definitely one of those days.  Tomorrow, I will have to come back to Earth, but for now, I'll enjoy the view from up here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment