~:[CH8 - Day 6]:~ Just in the Nick of Time
I started the day off with time to spare, but ended it just in the nick of time. Dating back to the 16th century, we see that the phrase arose out of something that was just at the right time - precise. I guess sometimes, it's all about that - timing. It worked out that I could do these final two shoots and then just have enough time to head back to Shinjuku and catch the NEX to the airport. A duo of guys were not so lucky as I saw them realize what time it was and jet off trying to make their flight. I later saw them and they didn't. That's how life is. You plan and you hope. Sometimes it works out and at other times, you lie on the floor realizing you missed your chance. Sometimes you get to the door just as it closes and sometimes the door shuts in your face. While I wish that someone had all the answers, that's part of the life we live. As I roamed the streets of Tokyo for the final time, I sadly had to pass on lunch with a friend, as I looked out the window on the way to the airport. I realized that I actually had time to spare, but leaving later may have left me the same fate as the other two, the two which I wonder what actually happened to them. Sometimes those moments actually work out for the better and sometimes, you just have to move on, knowing that it was not the right time. My own moment came hours later as my flight arrived late into Seoul. My plan of catching the last AREX was squashed when my flight was late. I rushed to the terminal and caught the train to Seoul Station and ran to the last train, which was a long trek across the station. Yes, I made it to the last train panting and sweating, but just in the nick of time. I think back to my delicious last meal in Tokyo and think about how the timing of this trip was perfect. While I did some work while I was here, it was a great break from the stress of life back home. As I now turn my attention to the frigid temperatures of Seoul, I hope that my timing can once again be just right. If not, I hope that at least the alternatives waiting for me are just as great.


No comments:
Post a Comment