Tuesday, January 22, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 22]:~ The Past that Molds Us

~:[CH8 - Day 22]:~ The Past that Molds Us
I sat down with an alum who I am close to and interviewed him for our anniversary video. Yes, I am still working on that and while I've been very busy and unable to keep up to pace, I've slowly collected interviews from time to time. It was nice to hear all the advice he had for the future generations and it brought back memories as he talked about the memories of high school and what he has gained. He was always one of our top MUN students and even popped into visit during conferences years after he graduated. I was glad that he was still using those skills he gained today, as he networks and deals with the ups and downs of business and life. It was weird as I reminisce most of the day about MUN as I met up with our area's field deputy who happens to be a former parent. It was great talk stories as we ate Hawaiian food (see what I did there?). Finals are a little bit stressful as I have to get everything in line and in order to put in grades by days end, but it also gave me some time to spend some time with some close friends who helped me see even more how the past molds us into who we are today. As he said, don't be afraid to take that risk and try your best to experience what you can while you can, as you never really know what you'll discover something about yourself that will mold you into the future you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment